What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded to the user’s computer/smartphone/tablet when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information from the terminal equipment. Among other functions, it allows storing and retrieving information about a user’s browsing habits in order to improve the service offered. The information obtained through cookies is anonymous and does not allow the identity of the user to be identified.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: they are sent to the terminal equipment from our own equipment or domains.
- Third-party cookies: they are sent to the terminal equipment from a computer or domain of another collaborating entity.
Depending on the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, they may be:
- Session cookies: activated while the user accesses the web page or for the provision of the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: stored for a certain time in the user’s terminal equipment, for which the person in charge has access when the user connects to their website.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of services.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal (language, browser type…).
- Analysis cookies: they allow the monitoring and statistical analysis of the behavior of all the users of the websites to which they are linked.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management of advertising spaces on the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the user’s browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising.
Cookies used on our website
|PHPSESSID||Session||Generated by the application server when it creates a user session on the web.|
|Third party cookies||Type||Purpose|
(__utma, __utmb,__utmc, __utmz)
|Analysis||Know how you browse our website in order to improve the services we can offer.|
This information is anonymous, and we only need it for statistical purposes.
(more information here)
|Google Analytics(_utmx)||Analysis||Carrying out A/B tests to measure the efficiency of design changes|
(more information here)
How to modify cookie settings
The way to do it will be different depending on the type of browser used during navigation. In the following links you have at your disposal all the information to configure or disable cookies in each browser:
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
Likewise, the user can manage the cookie store of his browser and its deactivation through tools such as:
In the event that the user does not allow the installation of cookies, it is possible that they will not be able to correctly access the contents and services of our website.